This week has been intersting as I've tapered for my marathon on Sunday, I've never really excelled at the taper, and I guess training to run twice as far has made me twice as nervous- or twitchy as my co-workers have been calling it all week.
Since we've cut downs so much on our miles it's hard not to feel anxious I guess about the upcoming marathon. I've heard and been told a dozen times by experinced marathoners that this is all normal, and to be expected. Well okay if they say so!
I'm trying to get more rest, and eat plenty of carbs this week (good thing I happen to love all manner of carbs I guess). I am feeling ready for the marathon, and I know all the training will pay off.
I am to be interviewed either tomorrow or Friday by the local news regarding my marathon experince as a first timer. :) So that should be fun!
The weather for Sunday looks to be perfect with a HIGH of 63, so that's awesome and just perfect for me. Ahh the joys of a fall marathon- see I knew there was a reason fall was my favorite sesaon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
best of luck!!! can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Enjoy your taper, and know that I'll be thinking of you!!
Post a Comment