Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall has arrived

Ahh Fall, my very favorite season, especially here in Ohio- the cool, crisp days, the changing leaves, the clear blue sunshine filled skies all make fall my favorite.

This year I have a brand new appreciation for fall in that I love running in these cooler temperatures, after all summer of running in the heat and humidity. Now I've run in the summer before, but I've never trained for a fall race by running through the summer until this one.

So yesterday morning as I got up and prepared for my run, it was wonderful to put on capri running pants and a short sleeve shirt (not a tank) and to enjoy the wonder of fall. We ran on new to me trails and it was great- the leaves were all changing and I enjoyed the crunch of the already fallen ones under my feet and the clear blue sky.

I had a great run and I'm looking forward to more fall runs, especially the one BIG fall run I have coming up- my marathon. I can't believe it's only two weeks from today.

2 comments:

Mendie said...

I too am so ready for the fall weather! Got my sweaters and boots ready! Enjoy the new trails and not sweating your hiney off while running them!!!

the Thomas team said...

So proud of you!