Yes today was the day that we completed our last long run of the season prior to the marathon. Wow I can't believe it's almost here and mostly I can't believe how far I've come!
Today's run started at o'dark thirty (or 6 am) and the first 7 miles were run in the dark. Thank goodness that Kristen (thanks GIRL) had her head lamp on her hat so we could see where we were going. It actually went pretty well and I was pleased with how well I did.
I did feel a little "off" at the beginning but I fought through it and kept on going which I guess is the most important thing. I was most proud of the fact that aside from when we stopped for water/gu/cliff bars I didn't walk at all on the run.
It was fun to run to Ohio State on a game day and see all of the tailgaters there and get to see campus from a whole different perspective- I did not run or do anything remotely physically active in college.
So that's it- next week we will run a mere 12 miles and the week after that is 8. That will seem so short in relation to this run today. And then we have the marathon on October 19! I'm really getting excited about the marathon now and I have no doubt that I will finish.
Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday celebration- so I have to go out a bit later and get her her birthday gift. But right now I'm drinking plenty of fluids and watching the OSU game- GO BUCKS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No way - 22 miles! You Rock! I could never even run 5 miles. I'm so proud of you!!
Love,
Angela
Post a Comment