Tuesday, September 23, 2008

8 Miles during the week, are they serious?

Well yes indeed they are, we (Kristen, Christi and I) ran our longest run during the week today- 8 miles. We decided to start at the Horseshoe (OSU stadium for those not in the know) and run from there.

It was nice to run on a part of the trail we've only ever seen at the end of our seriously long runs, and thus can't appreciate it very much. But tonight was nice. In fact on the way back as we passed near the Shoe we could hear the OSU marching band practicing, which for me was great- being an OSU Alum an all! Go BUCKS!!!

Another interesting thing that happened on the run was that Christi got interviewed by a TV crew who was interested in our comments about the River smell from the sewage that drains into it. So that made for an interesting end of the run- our MIT TV star!

Speaking of MIT I got asked today by the head of MIT Jeff if I would be willing to share my first time marathoner experince with the PR director of the Columbus Marathon. I of course said yes. Running really has changed my life and I'm glad to be able to share that experince with others.

The "theme" of MIT if you will is "Run a Marathon- Change your life" and for me that has been so true. Running is not something I do, it's who I am- I'm a runner. And as K and I were chatting about tonight while we ran that impacts every are of my life, what I eat, what I drink, my sleep. All of that impacts my running so it's more important to me than it ever has been before. Running soothes my stress, takes off the rough edges and 9 times out of 10 makes me smile. I'm so incredibly blessed to be able to run.

Let's see in the non-running side of things, I've been good. This weekend my family will gather to celebrate my Mom's birthday. I'm so blessed that my Mom is not only my Mom but my friend too- she's my biggest running cheerleader, as she's always been about every dream I've ever had since I was a little girl.

4 comments:

Staci said...

Heather, you'll find that now that you've done a med-long run mid-week there is no limit to what you can accomplish.

As long as you have the time, of course :)

Keep kickin' butt!

HeatherB said...

Thanks Staci!! :)

You are too sweet!

Mendie said...

My drive to work is eight miles-that is sooo impressive Heather that you ran that after working all day! I'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

heather, did you see the news piece? they cut out a lot of what i said AND they also interviewed a, i think, homeless man who was fishing in the contaminated water - he got WAY MORE air time than me. talk about encouraging haha. well at least the run was great and i looked ahead and we have one more 8 mile run during the week!!! ahhhhh but we can do it!
see you dark and early tomorrow with your shot bloks in hand! :)yay 22!!!