Although I'm not a big fan of the treadmill running I did run on the treadmill today. I did 5 miles this morning at 5:30 am- which is early for me. But I made it through just fine, although I was a little sick of CNN by the end of the run. But that 5:30 run was all worth it for the running friends tonight.
Tonight we had a gathering of some running friends where we didn't run- now that doesn't happen too often. But it was so much fun. I had a delightful evening. Good food and good friends, not much can be better than that in my book. And as I sat surrounded by these friends that I had met while running and through running, I felt so grateful- grateful for not only the physical changes I get from running, but for the friends that running has allowed me to make. I'm so glad that each one of these friends has come into my life- they make my heart full and my life unbelievably richer.
I'm so thankful for running, for friends and yes even for treadmills!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Miss Feather - I have found that running has enriched my life tremendously. These days, most all of my social group is comprised of either my running family or my CrossFit family. I'm glad that you've found the same sense of fulfillment with your friends out there :) Hopefully I'll get to see you next time you're in town, and we can pound some pavement together!
Sure pounding pavement together sounds great!! But of course you realize you will have to curtail your quick pace for me! :)
Love to you and your running family!!
congrats on going for the marathon! that's so impressive. thanks for you sweet comments on my blog, too :)
Post a Comment