Well I did it, since all the cool kids were doing it, I decided to go for the blog thing too!
As you can probably tell from the title, I plan to use the blog to update you all on my life and goings on with my running. So here we go
As most of you know I am currently training for the Columbus Marathon on October 19- which means I'm currently seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the training phase. I've already completed runs of 13, 15 and 18 miles (along with the shorter runs that took place before that), now I never thought I'd say that 8 miles is a short run, but hey it's all a matter of perspective.
Tomorrow I will tackle the longest run to date of 20 miles and most experinced marathoners say that if you can do 20 you can do 26.2, so I'm looking forward to this run with equal parts anticipation and nervousness. I have been so lucky to find the group that I have to run with- Marthoners in Training (or MIT) for those locals. It's a great group of people who are all so supportive of runners of all ability levels and the group I run with is especially near and dear to my heart. We run together on Saturday mornings and then we run together during the week too. It's so much easier to run with friends than alone, and the girls are great! No matter if you're having a great day or a not so good one, they are always right there to encourage you along.
In fact on my 18 mile run I was having an "off day" and they waited for me to finish my run and were so supportive on that last hard hill. Those kinds of connections and friends are priceless. Thanks gals you all ROCK!
So with that I shall go off to bed now- I know it's early but so will 5 am come early tomorrow morning. I'll try to post after the run and let you all know how it went!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi HB,
I am thilled to be signing in to your blog! My Ohio State sidekick and BFF for 18 sweet years now. :)
I am so proud to have watched your running career take form in the early days and soon to it's fruition in October for your 1st full marathon.
As Hannah Montana would say, "No Heather, YOU ROCK!" :)
Thanks for being the wonderful "Aunt Heather" to my kids and thanks for the love you shower on them :)
Yes, Emily is always ready for a "Girl's Night" and Evan is always ready for pizza at Aunt Heather's house. And from the kids once again: You Rock!!
I appreciate your heartfelt love, trust and honesty as they are an awesome part of you.
:)God in heaven has truly blessed my life with your friendship!
May you press on in these final weeks before the race of your life marks another milestone in your accomplishments as the OSU Runner Girl 26.2!
Much love to you,
Cathie and Crew
I can't wait to read your next post on how the 20 miles went. I heard they ran out of water, yikes! If you can run in 97% humidity, you can run in anything.
Post a Comment