Drop back, cut back, fall back, there are many terms and phrases for it out there in the running world, but it all amounts to the same thing- less miles!
Today's run was an "easy" 12 miles and the weather was perfectly lovely unlike our rain last week, cool and clear. We had a great talk before we got started from Tim about our mental state when we run, which was great to hear and needed as we continue to prepare for the marathon. Tim owns the running store that helps to sponser MIT and he's so great always so kind and encouraging.
Then we were off, I got to run not one but two friends today- Hannah joined Christi and I for 6 miles of our twelve and Christi and I finished off the last 6 on our own. The run wasn't fast today, but then that's what drop back week is all about- a little rest before we hit the last looong (22 miles) run next week. I wasn't feeling my best (tummy issues) but I made it through the run.
Now this week we will tackle our longest week day run to date of 8 miles. It'll be fine, just a bit of a challenge to get in after work, but we'll do it we always do! :)
Other than my running I had a great week, got to meet my sister for dinner on Wed and the ever adorable Peyton- who is oh so cute these days! He's quite the little chatter box. It was fun to hang out with them.
Well off to get some rest now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment