In 32 Days I will be running my fourth marathon! I can hardly believe it is so close! Just weeks away, hard to believe there (as I’m writing this) that there are just two more long runs left before the taper. This week is a drop back to 12 and next week we tackle the last “stupid long run” i.e distances that would be advisable to drive in one’s car. :)
Last week Dana and I tackled the 20 mile, if you can do this you can run a marathon, run! It was Dana’s very first 20 and she rocked it. We had the perfect weather overcast, with a chill in the air and a light mist for some of the run. I felt really well throughout most of the run and felt at the end I really could have gone further, which is a great way to end a long run in my opinion. Having worked hard enough, but not so hard that you left it all on the trail, that’s for race day!
The next day our two other training buddies tackled their own long run (Amy’s last before her taper of 22 and Stacy who ran the 22 with Amy because she’s a great friend!) They did awesome too!
So training and morning running continues at least for a few more weeks, and it’s been going really well. I’ve covered 750 miles this year so far! I need to get out the map and see where I could have gone with that number.
Now on for the weekly happiness:
1. My morning running girls- I can’t express how much of a blessing these wonderful ladies have been in my life this season. We run side by side sometimes talking (okay a lot of the time talking) but sometimes just drawing quiet strength from being near one another. And when one of us is struggling with a run, the others are right there with encouragement and support. We’ve shared so much on these dark morning runs, so much yet to be shared, and I’m comforted and at home in their presence.
2. Pumpkin Spice Lattes on cloudy days.
3. My new work schedule- They changed our allowable work schedules to 9 hours 4 days a week and half day Fridays! So I decided to try it out and so far so good. I like the quiet hour at the end of the day to get things done.
4. My Mom- yesterday was her Birthday and I’m reminded time and time again how blessed I am to have her. I’m so glad I got to know her as an adult friend! She’s awesome!!
5. My Bible Study- Learning so much about God. And the other ladies are incredible.
My life is so full, rich and blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment