Monday, September 5, 2011

Giving Back and a long weekend of running

Runapaloza 2011 is offically over for the weekend!

Yesterday I had the opportunity and privelage of giving back in some small part to the running community who has given so much to me.  I paced a group for the quarter marathon 6.55 miles at Emerald City. It was an awesome race, well organized, well supported and a huge medal for all finishers.  I had a blast sharing the miles with my friend Kim, who was the perfect pacing partner.  We were able to encourage others along the way and that's what pacing is all about.  It was so much fun to see so many first timers out there including  Ben from Fleet Feet.  He did great in his first half marathon finish. Congratulations Ben!

Then today I ran For the Health of It, Four Mile race in Westerville.  The temperature sure had changed from Saturday- it was perfect running weather in my opinion.  I was delighted to be able to run with my friends Hannah, Stacy and Libby. Libby was recovering from an awesome half marathon the day before, and we were all "supposed" to be taking it easy.  Thanks Hannah for making the miles fly by!

  Well apparently cooler weather makes me run faster because my offical average pace was 11:46 per mile.  Not too shabby after having run 16 and 6.55 miles respectively the two days before.   So run/walk is apparently the way to go for me, I haven't run a 4 miler for time in so long that I'm not sure if this was a Personal Record or not. I would guess close if not one. Add that to the PR I ran at the 5K in July, and I'm loving the run/walk method! I can hardly wait to see what happens at the Marathon in October.

And now I get to extend the holiday a bit longer.  I've been enjoying the afternoon/evening here at my parent's house with my two nephews Braydan and Dylan!

Happy Labor Day Everyone!

Run on Friends,
Heather

"Life is for Participating, not spectating." Kathrine Switzer

No comments: