Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Happenings

Happy Friday friends! This week has seemed really long to me, I think it's because I've been anticipating my vacation week from work. Yes as of 4 pm today I'm offically on vacation for a whole week! Ahh delicious- sleeping in, hanging out with my nephews. Looking forward to it all!!

But first the long weekend and the beginning of as Amy was calling it Run a Palazo 2011.  My MIT schedule is 16 miles tomorrow, then I'm leading a pace group for the quarter marathon (6.55 miles) on Sunday and then running 4 the Health of It- local race on Monday. (4 miles). This is either very hard core or very crazy or maybe a mixture of both. :)

Oh I almost forgot the best Friday happening- I got to meet Katherine Switzer- the first woman to ever Finish the Boston Marathon!! She is in town for a book signing event tomorrow at Fleet Feet (local running store) and I went in tonight to pick up the book and she was there!! I got to chat with her a bit, and WOW she is amazing. Truly a very courageous woman, took on the status quo and changed the sport.

Great ending to my Friday and a great way to start my running weekend!

Off I go for carbs, water and an early bedtime!

1 comment:

Kimberly Bouldin said...

Heather...You are crazy! LOL! Crazy = good crazy. :) Have a wonderful weekend & vacation!

Kim