Saturday, September 3, 2011

Scenes from Saturday

Let's see how many S's I can use in this post. :)

Sixteeen- As in 16 miles that is! Stacy and I conquered her first 16 miler today! We met early to beat the heat that decided to invade Columbus today. We actually had a great run- the heat only really started in earnest during our last 3 miles so I was glad we got out early.



16 Miles DONE!!!
Then it was on to breakfast at Scramblers no picture here because I left my camera in the car.  Suffice it to say the breakfast was delicious and the company even better.



Then we headed on over to our favorite running store Fleet Feet so that Stacy could have the opportuntity to meet Kathrine Switzer. The courage she had to stand up the status quo brings tears to my eyes. And did today! The race that changed the world- I would say so. She really made the sport I love possible for us women.  It was an honor to get to meet her this weekend.  She is amazing!
The Race that Changed the World- Who says I can't run Boston- we'll just see!! Love her courage!


Stacy and I with a Running Legend!






After all that I came home and watched the Buckeyes in the 'Shoe beat up on Akron!

I have had the best day!! Running, friends and football! Life is good!

No comments: