Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shared Joy

Okay so my friend Amy, has challenged herself to blog every day for 21 days, and since my blog is a little neglected I decided to do that too. So starting today I will blog every day for 21 days, not sure about what just yet but getting there.


Shared Joy, anyone who knows me well, knows how much I enjoy/love/thrive on my friends. I love time by myself too, but my soul feels best when I’m with my friends either one on one or in a group. Either one makes my heart happy. I especially love being able to share in my friends’ joy!
This past weekend I got to have so much shared joy I thought my heart was going to burst. First on Saturday morning I met with my MIT group for a 10 mile run! Our friend Amy had 16 to do however, so she had decided to run 6 prior to the group run and then run 10 with us. Well when we arrived at MIT Amy had run 5 instead of 6 and I quickly said I would add a mile to my run to finish out her 16 with her. We had a great run, it actually felt quite easy ( I definitely wasn’t signing that tune last night however!), and the last mile was simply awesome! I got to be there as a friend I’ve come to love and treasure got a new Personal Distance Record! The smile on her face was priceless and I wouldn’t have missed it for anything in the world. I took great joy in taking her picture, in sharing in her happiness of her achieving something awesome! I can hardly wait to share the same milestone with Dana and Stacy this week and next.

I’m getting to experience the joy, excitement and the challenges of a first marathon all over again through my friends. It’s an awesome experience! I encourage any of you out there who have run a distance (5K 10K half or full marathon) to find a friend who has not and share their training with them.

The second part of my day brought me to sharing the joy of my friend Christi’s marriage. Christi is another friend who MIT brought into my life. We trained for and ran our first marathons together (holy cow 3 years ago now) and then we shared a hotel room in Chicago last year. She was speed demon but waited for me at the finish line! Along with our other roomies.


She looked simply radiant and her joy was evident! I’m so glad I was able to attend and get to share in another joyous occasion with a dear and precious friend.
In addition to the wedding joy, I got to spend time with running friends. These are my friends who have been with me through many, many miles and many laughs and tears. I’m so blessed to have them to love and be loved by.
So sharing joy- it’s privilege I treasure.


Run on Friends,
Heather
"Who says you can't run away from your problems?" Joan Beniot Samuleson

No comments: