Day 2 of my blogging challenge:
This week has been filled with ups and downs and has caused me to do some reflecting and praying.
The ups were definitly the runs with "the girls". Especially the hot and difficult run Amy and I shared on Wed night. It was so hard that I doubted at times we would make it,but you know what we did! Those hard runs make the easy ones so much sweeter when they come. Last night I had a "reset run" on my own. I used my phone for the first time for music since my long neglected i-pod wasn't charged. It was just me with my thoughts, music and prayers. No pace agenda, just a run. And it was perfection! Just what my heart and my mind needed.
The one big down this week was/is a work issue I've been dealing with for quite a while. No, I'm not losing my job or anything nearly that dramatic. Just some office stuff that is no fun. I had a long talk with my supervisors and my Senior Manager yesterday on some ways to make things better, so that was a good thing.
But I have been thinking/feeling for a bit that my current job might not be the best fit for me anymore. So I've been keeping ears and eyes open for an opportunity that might fit me better. And this week I found a job that looks good! I am currently working on my application and resume to get it all ready to submit early next week. For a girl who hates change (always have), this is a big step. I'm praying about it, and if it is in God's timing (not my own, must remember this) this will work out. And if not my situation will encourage me to grow in new ways.
The other down this week (although not for me personally), is that Legendar y Women's Basketball Coach Pat Summit, told the world that she had been diagnosed with early onset dementia. I know all too well what this diagnosis will mean. My Maternal Grandmother died of dementia when I was in 8th grade. It is vicious disease who seems the hardest (especially at the end) on the family and not the person themselves.
I have followed her carreer for well over 20 years now, and to me she is the a true class act. Always just as gracious in defeat as she was in victory. It is sad that she may have to give up her passion, far sooner than she planned.
Also of course I am keeping everyone in the path of Hurricane Irene in my thoughts and prayers.
Run on Friends,
Heather
"We don't run because it's easy, we run because it's real." Kristen Armstrong
Friday, August 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post, friend:) It is nice to run alone sometimes & spend some time "in your own head".
I'm so sorry that work stuff has been stressful for you lately-- but I'm excited for this new opportunity for you! I'll be praying & keeping my fingers crossed, for sure!
Post a Comment