Friday, June 26, 2009

Be the Match and other randomness

Today I got something in the mail that I had sent away for, and I was thrilled to receive it- it was my "Be the Match" kit from the National Bone Marrow Registry. I have wanted to join the registry for many years but never have. One of my friends on Face Book- had posted that is was free through June 22, so I hoped on-line- super easy, and requested the kit. It came today and I already completed the steps inside and will send it back tomorrow. I would love to match someone. I just feel so strongly that this is the right thing to do- I'm healthy and fit and I have no reason not to go on the registry.

In other randomness:

I have fallen in love (well at least strong like) anyway with morning running! I've been meeting my friend Jen to run on Mon/Tues/Thurs mornings and it's worked out so perfectly. It's a great feeling to have the run done for the day once I get to work. Also I don't have to worry about finding time later on in the day for it!

Speed work is TOUGH! We ran our first actual speed workout on Wednesday night- it did not help the situation that it was 92 degrees outside. But I was proud of myself for getting out there and doing it, I ran the prescribed pace for the prescribed time. Only one way to find out how fast I can be- run faster and work on speed. And everyone is so encouraging even the super fast people who can lap me always shout out good job as they pass! So, so sweet and so kind!

I am very, very blessed to have the running family that I do. They simply rock!

Hope you all have great weekends!

1 comment:

Mendie said...

Whew...don't know how you can run in these temps....it's tough for me enough working out in my basement at 5AM with the air on! You go girl!

And...I am so proud fo you for wanting to be a bone marrow donor!!! I don't think there is enough "recruiting" for donors in situations/faucets like that. I'm glad your friend on facebook shared the info! Two thumbs up!