Well last night was speed work night for me- it's on Wed ,which appears to be a popular night for speed work I know several other runners- in different parts of the country who do their speedwork then as well.
Anyway last night our coach had us do hill repeats- my group (i.e- the slow people) did 6 repeats of a 270 meter hill with a walk back to the bottom and up the hill again. It was hard, tough work, but I did it. Not with perfect hill form, but I toughed it out. Let me tell you today I am feeling it in my butt and my quads so I know I worked those muscles hard. But it's good for me, it's a challenge to be sure, but one I am perfectly capable of meeting. And I'm kinda enjoying seeing what I can do!
In the vacation note- I'm offically on vacation woo hoo!! I'm going to visit my parents for a week, so nothing too exciting like a beach trip ,but it will be a good relaxing week, time at "home" is always good. And I'll be able to keep up my running schedule there as well. They have some lovely trails near their home where I'll be able to run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hills - oh no! You are amazing! I could never keep going like you!
Angela
Post a Comment