Saturday, August 8, 2009

Training update

Well it's been a while since I update the blog- guess I should do that.

First off- training, it's been going very well this season so far, the long runs have been good and we ( my little group and I) have been negative splitting the last couple of runs, which means the second part of our run has been faster than the first. Which is great especially for long runs. Today we did 11 miles in 2 hours and 10 minutes which is a great time as far as I'm concered.

Also speed workouts on Wed nights have been awesome! Hard yes, but in a good challenging way that lets me know that I am getting stronger as a runner. This past Wed we did 400 meter X4 (1 lap repeated 4 times) around the track as fast as we could. At the end my legs were shaking but I survived!

So all in all a great training season so far. Next week I have 16 miles to tackle so we'll see how that goes.

In other news I've enjoyed being able to spend time with my nephews lately. In fact my brother and oldest nephew spent the night with me last night. :)

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

No comments: