Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's "out run" childhood cancer

Tomorrow evening I will be running my second 5K in a week notice I said running and NOT racing! I plan to run this one easy, but it's a cause I believe in with my whole heart and I wanted to get out there and support it anyway I can.

This race is for Nationwide Children's Hospital's childhood cancer research. Research matters and research has life saving potential. Anyone of you who have known me for very long know I had a "little friend" named Christi who passed away from neuroblastoma (one of the worst forms of childhood cancer) in September of 2006. She started her treatment here in Columbus at Children's Hospital. She was sweet and dear and a fighter to the very end. She endured something no child ever should with grace and dignity and a smile on her face. My favorite quote of hers was "I'm not sick, I just have cancer."

She graced and touched my life in immeasurable ways.

This race tomorrow is for you sweet Christi!! Until we meet in a much better place than this earth!

1 comment:

Mendie said...

That's awesome Heather...I wish we didn't have to raise money for this horrible disease and that it never exised, but it's amazing to see how much it affects so many people emotionally and pysically!

Christie will be cheering you on from above!

hugs my friend!