Holy Cow it's been forever since I've posted a blog entry! Almost a year.
Recently I have been inspired by my friend Sara and her blog (it really is great you should check it out!), to get my own blog more active. So here we go! I'm going to try to post something at least once per week about running mostly but probably with some other things thrown in there as well.
I recently completed my 6th half marathon, the Flying Pig in Cincinnati- what fun! It was a great race, well organized, tons of crowd support and you just can't beat the theme! Pigs and pink everywhere! In fact I wore a pink sparkle skirt for the race, along with several of my "sole sisters". The race was a little rainy and a LOT hilly, so it wasn't a personal best time, but I was proud of finishing strong and running the second half of the race faster than the first!
Then the following weekend (May 7th) I was privelaged to pace a group for the Cap City Quarter Marathon (6.55 miles). In 2006 I ran this half marathon as my very first half marathon and that was the race that started it all for me- so it seemed appropriate to go back and lead a pace group and give back just a little bit to the running community to has and continues to give so much to me.
I had fun and had many people come up and thank me aftewards and tell me they were watching my sign for pace. Many of my Marthoner in Training (MIT) friends ran the half, and for some of them it was their very first half! In additon many, many friends (far too many to name here less I leave anyone out) ran personal best times! In fact many ran what I call "Rock Star" times and paces! Go MIT!
So that concluded my winter season with MIT! This weekend Sara, Jessica, and Bill (all MIT friends) will be running their very first marathons in Pittsburg (Sara) and Cleveland ( Jessica and Bill). I know they are all going to do awesome, and I can't wait to welcome them into the marathon club!
Next week I will begin a brand new season with MIT and will train through the summer for the Marine Corps Marathon on October 30! Many MIT friends including some of my favorite sole sisters are going to run it as well! It's going to be a fun summer of training (well mostly fun), of course it will be hard work but in the words of my favorite running author Kristen Armstrong.. "We don't run because it's easy, we run because it's real."
Looking forward to posting more as the summer progresses, maybe I'll even get all fancy and post a picture from time to time too!
Run on friends,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment