Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Run of the Season and other randomness

On Saturday (May 21) we had our very first run of the MIT season! It was great! So many people (the spring/summer session is always huge), and so many new people too, which always makes me smile.  We have an awesome running community here in Columbus Ohio. 

I am training with a new group this season the run/walk group.  This group is based upon the Jeff Galloway training method of taking short, brisk walk  "breaks" throughout the mileage starting at the very beginning. The theory being it gives your muscles a short rest from constant running and allows them to work in a different way. I am excited to try it out- I have walked in every marathon I've ever done to some extent, so I figure why  not get the benefit from the very beginning. 

Also as an added bonus my good friend Dana is the coach and is training for her first marathon, Marine Corps so we are going to train together and run the race together. I am very much looking forward to sharing the miles with her this summer! Running has given me so many wonderful friends! I truly am blessed to have them in my life- more than I can say!

After the MIT run I came home and waited for my parents to arrive. They do not live far from me (about 2 hours), but this visit they decided to stay overnight on Saturday.  We had a very nice weekend hanging out, going to church, and shopping. The largest purchase was I selected new carpet for my living/dinning area in my condo. I have needed new carpet for a while so I am excited to get it installed next week!! I will attempt to take and post pictures.

I am very much looking forward to a long weekend!

No comments: