Well the off season is almost over- next week (December 19) my MIT running group will start again- I can't wait. I have kept up with my running base much better than in past off seasons, due in no small part to the fact that I scheduled a couple of races in there. Maybe that's the key making sure to keep a goal in sight at all times.
I have enjoyed some fun runs on Saturdays as well so that's been nice to explore a little bit different parts of Columbus instead of the same trail all the time.
For this session of MIT I've decided to do something that I have never done before- I am going to run two half marathons back to back on consecutive weekends. Kentucky Derby half on April 24, and Cap City Half here in Columbus on May 1st! I plan to run the Derby one for speed, with my goal being to complete it in under 12 minute mile averages- I don't care if it's 11:59! And then Cap City will be just for fun! That will make a half dozen halfs for me! This is from the girl who never even wanted to run a mile! :)
I can't wait to get started out there on the trail with my friends! We had dinner on Tuesday night and I looked around the table my eyes were filled with tears of joy and gratitude for all running has given me!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment