Monday, November 16, 2009

The Off Season?

Right now I'm not in offical training for any event, so instead I'm maintaining my base of miles and having fun running just for fun! In December our MIT group will start up again and I'll be back into a training program for the half marathon I'm planning this spring.

Yesterday I did run a race the Buckeye Classic 10K at Highbanks, which is quite the hilly course and challenging! I paced the 13 minute/mile group and as usual I had a great time, and I made a new friend too. We had perfect running weather. Many of my MIT friends were out running the race as well and it was fun to see them! And my friend Julie came out to cheer us on which was very nice of her! Thanks Julie!

Next up on the Racing Calendar is the Flying Feather Thanksgiving Day Race- I love that race it's so much fun, so I'm looking forward to pacing for the 13 minute per milers again- enjoyable for me and not to hard of a pace to maintain for me at this point. I like being able to offer encouragement and support to others so the 13 minute pace is perfect for that.

Am I sure this is the off season?

On a totally unrealated note- GO BUCKS!! Who clinched at least a share of the Big Ten Title with a win over Iowa on Saturday! Rose Bowl Bound Baby!

No comments: