Friday, May 21, 2010

Getting Back into Blogging and Good things Come in Threes

Well it's been a long time since I update the blog- yikes! But for this training season I'm going to try to at least post every couple of days, and I promise to try to upload some picture too. It's a good record for me of my training and other things in my life too.

First up a brief recap of my half marathon in April:

I ran the Kentucky Derby half Marathon Lousiville, and I traveled there and stayed with my friend Amy! It was great fun to hang out with her and get to know her better.

The race day conditions were slightly less than ideal- rainy at the start and then the sun came out which quickly made for a great deal of heat and humdity. But I made the best of it and still had fun! The hills were challenging and I already mentioned the heat! I did run a personal best time, not quite the time I had been hoping for, but that's okay. I ran my best and had fun and that's all you can ask for.

I'm now beginning my 3rd summer of training for a full marathon! This years race in Chicago on 10/10/10. It's a huge race, as I've been saying just me and 40,000 of my closest friends. My third full marathon. I've never been to Chicago so I'm looking forward to it. But first I have to get through the training, which offically starts tomorrow at my running group Marthoners in Training (MIT). Tomorrow is a 6 mile run.

After my run tomorrow I get to see the other three good things in my life-my three nephews!! We are meeting to celebrate my sister's birthday so it'll be fun to see "the boys".

Hope all of you have wonderful weekends whatever you do!

No comments: