This weekend was amazing! From start to finish a truly joy filled magical weekend.
Let's recap shall we.
On Friday night I got to meet the Authors of Running the Edge, check out the website Run the Edge Adam Goucher and Tim Catalano. Amazing funny and inspiring guys. Together they have over 40 years of running. Adam is an Olympian and also the husband of Kara Goucher, and Tim was a college runner and taught HS and coached. They gave a very inspiring presentation about making someday today! I got to chat with them a little bit afterwards and they are about the nicest, most down to earth people you could ever meet.
An additional treat of this evening was getting to sit next to my dear friend Sara (seriously go check out her blog- she's an awesome writer), we don't see near enough of each other an I always enjoy her sweet company.
Saturday morning dawned bright and early an it was off to MIT, for a 9 mile run with the gang. Sadly my friend and running partner Amy could not join us as she was fighting a cold. But we had a good run anyway- Kari and I ended up running together for most of the run. Then I headed on over to the new Fleet Feet Columbus store- oh my goodness beautiful and huge. Adam and Time were on hand to sign their book and take pictures. What fun! They even said hey we remember you when I stepped up to get my book signed. :) And then it was my very favorite part of any Saturday morning- breakfast!! Dana, Karen and I enjoyed a hearty breakfast at Scramblers and then I had a shower and a nap.
Sunday was a very happy and joy filled day as I was able to witness my friend Stacy get baptized. I got to sit next to her sister and Amy during service, so that was lovely and a special treat.
And thus ended my joy filled weekend! So thankful for the life I get to live!
Run on Friends,
Heather
Monday, March 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It does sound like a joy-filled weekend, especially the best part - breakfast! :) I'm so glad you got to meet such inspirational runners/writers - twice!
Post a Comment