Well my poor neglected blog.. I can’t believe it’s been a month since I last wrote. I need to get better about that.
So I had a pretty eventful July- filled with running, family vacation and a wedding. Here are the brief highlights:
The Month started out awesome as my friend Dana and I PRed (Personal Record) our 5K on July 4th. It was a hot day too, so proud of us! We rocked it! It was my first official run/walk race too, so that was especially great.
Then the next week it was off to Virginia for my family vacation to visit my sister, nephew and brother-in-law who moved there for my Brother-in-law’s job. It was so much fun! My brother and sister-in-law and other two nephews joined us as well. The boys enjoyed playing with each other, having two sleepovers at my sister’s apartment and seeing the ocean for the very first time. I feel incredibly blessed to have been able to experience the first time at the ocean with all 3 of my nephews! Pretty special and they loved it!
The next big event was Amy (fellow MITers) and Scott’s wedding on July 23. It was a great time! I love anytime I get to hang out with my running friends outside of running. It was a full day since I had run 8 miles that morning, but I got a nap before the festivities began. I’m blessed with all the wonderful friends I have from running! They make my life rich and my heart full.
In other running news I have fallen back in love (or at least strong like) with morning running! I used to do it two summers ago and I liked it then. But I will say the only reason I love it so much is the group of ladies I get to share the early (5:30 am) morning runs with! Dana, Amy, Stacy and I meet Monday- Thursday in Dana and Amy’s neighborhood for a run! It’s always great conversation (well once we get woke up it is) and great running too. And we have a new friend who has joined in recently as well Colleen. It is so nice to have my run DONE for the day before I get to work, and then I have the whole evening to do what I want. (Which usually involves an early bed time), but hey meet someone for dinner- you bet, go to a friends, no problem, laundry or whatever seems so much easier at 5 pm when I arrive home than trying to fit in a run and then all that other stuff after work! Loving it! Thanks ladies for your awesome company run after run!
Looking forward to an awesome August- how about you?
Run on Friends,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Morning running is the only way I'll do it. My body just feels too achy and tired by evening and I get such a huge energy burst when I run in the morning. You are lucky that you have people to run with! Sometimes it gets creepy out there in the dark.
Yay! I was so happy to read your post!
It was a really busy July for me too - and it has been so hot, running just hasn't been happening ANY time of day. I think that is awesome that you have people to run with in the mornings. Get up and get it done!
I am looking forward to August, but for no particular reasons. I just love summertime!
Post a Comment