Tomorrow is the Ten year anniversary of MIT, my running group! I can't express the way that MIT helped me change my life. I had run two half marathons on my own, before joining MIT. And once I did there was no looking back. Group runs quickly became the highlight of my week, and the friends I have made through MIT, help put the living in my life!
I tell Jeff G and Tim F all the time, how incredibly blessed I feel that Jeff started MIT and that Tim bought his Fleet Feet franchise here in Columbus Ohio. There is no doubt in my mind that I never would have attempted, let alone finished my first marathon without the coaches and friends I had at MIT. As you all know I have since gone on to run 3 more and am currently training for my 4th.
People who are not with MIT ask me all the time, why I love it so much. The simple answer to that question is because of the support! It is second to none. If you never have experinced it you really can't describe the feeling. It's friends who drove over 150 miles to come suprise me at my second marathon. It's coaches who send out those weekly e-mails with hints and encouragements. It's the planning and care that goes into each and every Saturday or Wedensday workout. And this list could go on and on.
I am blessed to be a part of this incredible group of people, who come out each and every week! They motivate, inspire and encourage me!
So Happy Anniversary to the best running group I know! And thank you a million times thank you to our coaches and founders!
Run on Friends,
Heather
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! You should have delivered a speech and the party at FF! You said it all, my friend! "Group runs quickly became the highlight of my week, and the friends I have made through MIT, help put the living in my life!" I couldn't agree with you more! THANK YOU for being a part of MIT that makes it so special for me - I am thrilled to call you my FRIEND!
Post a Comment