Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Week and Cold Weather Running

Yes it's Thanksgiving week, which for me means a short work week (off on Thanksgiving and the day after), and my traditional Thanksgiving Day Race. This year will be my third year running the Flying Feather 4 Miler- it's a good course and the reward is a bottle of wine or cookies. I'll probably get the cookies for the nephews this year.

It's been cold here so therefore I've offically broken out the cold weather running gear- tights and long sleeved shirts are the order of the day and of course a hat and gloves. I really don't mind running in the cold at all- in fact I find I like it much better than the 90 degree heat we trained in all summer long.

I've been proud of myself of how I've done "between seasons" of MIT this year, the best ever actually as far as keeping up my base of running. My plans for this season are a half in the Spring (Flying Pig) and a full in the Fall (yet to be determined which one).

So this Thanskgiving I'm especially thankful for the ability to run, for family and friends who support and love me, and for the many, many blessings I have in my life. I'm so blessed and have so much!

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving all!! Enjoy your time with your friends and family!

1 comment:

the Thomas team said...

So proud of you! Even though your "big race" is over, you're still at it. I think I've fallen off the wagon now that it's so cold! Best wishes and much love,
Angela