Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Season- New Goals

A brand new season of Marthoning is about to begin! I love beginnings, and the start of something new, it's like hitting the reset button and we get to begin again- fresh. New Goals, new opportunites for success, new challenges.

This season I'm going to train to run my second marathon- simply amazing to me as the girl who used to say all the time I would only run if someone was chasing me. I am so looking forward to getting out there and beginning this journey again. I know more what to expect this time, like how hard a 20 miler can be and how it can be so much better when you share it with friends. What to eat and what NOT to eat as the case may be. :)

I've picked the Marathon I plan on running- Tow Path Marathon on October 11. It's a Marathon near where I grew up and it's flat as a pancake, which is good.

I'm putting out my Goals for this season here in writing so I can come back to them at the end of the season and see how I did:

1. No missing any planned weekday runs.
2. Speed work on Wedensday nights- even if it's painful and I have no clue what I'm doing- I'm still going to get out there every week.
3. Weights twice a week without fail- I always do poorly at this so I'm recommitting.
4. Eat well- To quote my dear friend Katia- "Food is fuel it's not your friend", so making a commitment to eat better and fuel my body better.

5. Run a faster Marathon than I did last fall (see #2)!

I'm looking forward to this season! It'll be a good one I"m sure.

Getting ready to hit reset!!

3 comments:

Mendie said...

Good luck Heather! I know you can do it...look how far you have come already with your running, and you are just getting started!!!

the Thomas team said...

So very proud of you!

Katie said...

how very awesome :)